After consuming a specific brand name supplement this morning, I noticed the endorsed signature of "GMP-Certified" product on the container. I decided to further investigate the meaning of this and found the following information:
What Is GMP-certified?
A manufacturer that is deemed to be GMP-certified is one that has satisfied a specific set of standards mandated by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA). GMP certification ensures that supplements and vitamins are manufactured safely, with quality and with efficacy. During an internal inspection, a manufacturer must prove to a GMP auditor that they not only have the facilities to manufacture nutraceuticals safely, but can also package, label and store them safely as well. Additionally, a manufacturer must show that they have SOP's in place should products need to be recalled for whatever reason.
Source :http://www.nutricaplabs.com/gmp-certified-manufacturer.aspx
I thought that this was rather interesting and gave me a sense of satisfaction and safety assurance from the company that I like to purchase my whey protein from (Dymatize Nutrition).
Does anyone feel that having the "GMP-Certified" stamp on a supplement endorsed by the FDA makes them safer for us consumers?

No comments:
Post a Comment