With this past week being spring break for the University of Arizona. I traveled to Cabo via Carnival Cruise. When I arriving at Cabo, the first thing I had to do was eat some greasy Mexican food! Of course this food was amazing and satisfied my craving I had. Of course later in the trip I suffered a slight bit of digestion issues which made me think back to my blog I had been maintaining on food regulations and consumers of food. It came to my realization that in Mexico there is probably no oversight governance such as the FDA which regulates the quality of food. And even if there is, the regulations would be know where close to what we have in the US. This was just a thought I had when dealing with upset stomach problems on the trip, which could have been due to bacteria in the food or simply the perparion of the food. I just thought it was interesting to think about how different countries and cultures manage the regulations on food for consumers.
No comments:
Post a Comment